The Margaret River Chamber of Commerce is proud to be supporting the south west’s first Mardi Gras, an inclusive event to be held in Margaret River, celebrating equality for everyone after the same sex marriage laws were passed in Australia on 6 December 2017.
The vision is an annual community street party/parade and celebration that attracts visitors and locals alike while promoting Margaret River as a premier wedding destination for all couples.
The celebration will be held on 10 February 2017 and the voluntary organising committee has released a call to the community to please get involved.
There are many ways your business can hop on board!
They are currently looking for:
- Cash sponsors – sponsorship packages available
- Donations – My cause page here https://www.mycause.com.au/page/167366/margi-gras
- Entertainers – singers, dancers, drag queens, bands, DJs
- Food vendors – stalls and food trucks
- Drink suppliers – wine, beer, spirits, mixers, water
- Event suppliers – lighting, sounds, staging
- Printer – posters, signage, banners
- Merchandisers – t-shirts, hats, balloons, let’s get creative!
- Photographer – to capture the event and supply us and media with high res photos that tell the Margi Gras story
- Videographer – to capture the event and supply us and media with a broadcast quality clips
- Classic car owners – to drive into town to create a spectacle and help make Reuther Park look cool
Margi Gras is accepting expressions of interest and offers from local businesses and individuals who would like to show their support for marriage equality, help showcase the region as a premier wedding destination, and reward their business all at the same time!
To get involved, please contact: email@example.com
Rebecca Hannan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0409 988 593.
Please note the Chamber is not the event organiser. It is being managed by an independent voluntary committee.