MRCCI Membership Officer
The Membership Officer is a casual position, working 8 hours per week. These hours include regular MRCCI office hours or at events.
Office hours – South Regional TAFE Margaret River Campus
Event locations – Margaret River Region
The Membership Officer will report to the MRCCI Executive Officer.
The Margaret River Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MRCCI) is a member-based, non-profit organisation, strengthening the local business community through advocacy, marketing, information and networking, including the delivery of quality, meaningful member events. The Membership Officer will be responsible for maintaining the organisation’s membership database. This will include administration and communications, as well as assisting with digital marketing activities and at Chamber events.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Membership Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing the membership database and online directory
- Welcoming and onboarding new members
- Issuing and following up membership renewal invoices
- Acknowledging and updating membership renewals
- Assist with Event preparations, including name tags, banners and raffles
- Compiling sections of the member newsletter, including welcoming new members
- Compiling sections of the monthly Board report. including the status of new members and renewals
- Responding to member and non-member enquiries
- Updating the MRCCI website blog, Facebook page and other marketing channels
- Events, set up and welcoming guests
Candidates shall be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Experience and/or knowledge in organisational administration
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional organisational skills and time management
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience and/or knowledge in digital marketing and promotion
- Experience with the following software and programs: Mailchimp, Xero, WordPress, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Regular and reliable home-based internet
- The ability to work flexible hours
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and industries
- Experience with Stripe, Canva and e-ticketing
- Experience in or an interest in small business
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by Tuesday 18th August 2020.